World
Representative Image

Hundreds of children killed in Gaza since Israeli attacks resumed, says UN

Apr 02, 2025

Gaza City [Gaza Strip], April 2: At least 322 minors have been killed in the Gaza Strip since the Israeli military resumed its attacks two weeks ago, the UN children's organization UNICEF reported.
More than 600 others had been injured, UNICEF said in a statement.
"Most of these children were displaced, sheltering in makeshift tents or damaged homes," it said.
"The resurgence of relentless and indiscriminate bombardments, combined with the complete block on supplies entering the Gaza Strip for more than three weeks, has put the humanitarian response under severe strain and Gaza's civilians - especially its one million children - at grave risk," UNICEF said in the Monday statement.
On average, about 100 children were killed or maimed over the past 10 days, it said.
It noted that no aid had been allowed into the Gaza Strip since March 2 with the result that food, safe water, shelter and medical care had become scarce. "Without these essential supplies, malnutrition, diseases and other preventable conditions will likely surge, leading to an increase in preventable child deaths," it said.
It called on the warring parties to reinstate the ceasefire.
Israel and Hamas are conducting indirect talks on a new ceasefire in the region, but are in disagreement over how many hostages are to be released.
The war erupted after Hamas and other groups attacked Israel on October 7, 2023, killing around 1,200 people and seizing more than 250 hostages. Gaza's Health Ministry says at least 50,399 Palestinians are confirmed dead and 114,583 wounded in Israel's war on Gaza.
Source: Qatar Tribune